Make an Appointment
Changes to Student Success Centre Services
In-person and virtual appointments are available Monday–Friday, 8:30am–4:30pm
For all in-person appointments you must:
- Pre-book your appointment
- Pre-screen for COVID prior to arrival using the 811 tool
Virtual appointments will be held via telephone, Microsoft Teams or another mutually agreed upon means of meeting remotely.
Health Services will remain open Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays for the summer months by APPOINTMENT ONLY, 8:30am–4pm for currently enrolled Dalhousie University students. Please email or call for an appointment prior to coming to the department for care. MD visits will be scheduled by RN’s.
Please note: Days of week / times of day are subject to change but will be communicated on our voicemails/email responses
Health Services offers students a variety of different ways to make an appointment. Choose the way that works best for you.
Choose the best fit for you
I need immediate medical advice and Health Services is closed
Call 811 to reach a Registered Nurse 24 hours a day for any health questions/concerns.
For non-emergency medical attention
Visit Truro Walk-in Clinic
Fundy Trail Mall/Sobeys, Robie Street
Drop in or phone for appointment: 902-893-3635
- Monday–Friday: 5:30–10pm
- Saturday, Sunday: 11:30am–5pm
- Closed during holidays
Bring your health card with you. You will be charged $35 (Canadian residents) or $125 (out-of-country residents) without a valid health card. A receipt will be provided.
For emergency situations
Call 911 for immediate/life threatening health emergencies requiring an ambulance
For emergency and time-sensitive health concerns
Visit the Colchester East Hants Health Centre, 600 Abenaki Road (open 24 hours)
I need to see a doctor (and it is time sensitive/life-threatening emergency)
- Call 911, or go to the Emergency Department, Colchester East Hants Health Centre, 600 Abenaki Road
- Examples of when to go to the Emergency Department: severe and/or life-threatening injuries, alcohol poisoning, severe asthma attack, head trauma, severe cuts or lacerations, severe burns, unresponsive, diabetic emergencies
- Poison Control: 1-800-565-8161
I am an international student
As an international student, you make the same type of appointment that a Canadian student would make.
If you are unsure where to go for medical assistance, please call or visit Health Services first. We can assess your need and redirect, if necessary, to other health-care providers.
Please note that Emergency Room visits are for emergency care (time sensitive/life-threatening). If you arrive at the Emergency Department for assistance and and you do not require emergency care, you may have a very long wait time before being assessed.
Physician appointment information
- A campus physician is available by appointment on Monday mornings from 8:30am–12:30pm
- Physician appointments can be booked by contacting Health Services
All physician appointments require a 24-hour cancellation notice. If we are not notified, you will be charged $40 to your student account. Please be considerate of others who require appointments. Missed appointments for psychiatry and psychological services will result in a $150 charge.
What should I bring to my Health Services physician appointment?
- a valid student ID card
- a valid provincial health card or alternate health care coverage information
- international students must complete a health insurance form during their first visit (those with DSU health insurance coverage will be direct billed/those with alternate insurance will be charged $35 per visit). Please be aware ahead of your visit what insurance coverage you have while here in Canada.
- past health history info from family doctor or specialist