Faculty and Research
Our professors are leaders in their fields, engaging and challenging students to develop creative solutions to local, national, and international problems. Learn more about our faculty and their research specializations.
- 12th Annual Dalhousie Engineering Alumni & Friends Golf Tournament
- Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers
- Engineering Impact: Contributions of Engineers in Healthcare
- IDEA Speaker Series: Dr. Giovana Celli and Veronica Merryfield
- Commemorating the 30th Anniversary of the École Polytechnique Massacre
- Message from the Dean: While we were away
- ENGINEERING STUDENTS AMONG WINNERS OF AWARD IN NATIONAL COMPETITION FOR DESIGNING DEVICE TO HELP WHEELCHAIR USERS BEAT BAD WEATHER
- Three Engineering PhD Students Among 2020‑2021 Winners of the Vanier Scholarship
- Dean John Newhook Receives Canadian Academy of Engineering Fellowship
Engineering News from Dal News
Wastewater testing at Dal residences strengthens COVID safety efforts on campus
Samples of human wastewater from several Dal residences are being collected and tested regularly for traces of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, an early detection effort that adds another layer of protection at Dal.
Dal professor honoured with national award for his work on water quality and its links to human health
Graham Gagnon, a Dal prof who has led the way on water quality research in Canada, has been chosen to receive the Albert E. Berry Medal for his significant contributions to the field of environmental engineering.
Dalhousie team develops non‑woven textile that can neutralize viruses in personal protective masks
Researchers at Dalhousie have developed a sustainable, locally produced material that can be stitched into personal protective masks to neutralize certain pathogens, such as coronaviruses and influenza viruses.