Faculty and Research
Our professors are leaders in their fields, engaging and challenging students to develop creative solutions to local, national, and international problems. Learn more about our faculty and their research specializations.
- 12th Annual Dalhousie Engineering Alumni & Friends Golf Tournament
- Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers
- Engineering Impact: Contributions of Engineers in Healthcare
- IDEA Speaker Series: Dr. Giovana Celli and Veronica Merryfield
- Commemorating the 30th Anniversary of the École Polytechnique Massacre
- Message from the Dean: While we were away
- ENGINEERING STUDENTS AMONG WINNERS OF AWARD IN NATIONAL COMPETITION FOR DESIGNING DEVICE TO HELP WHEELCHAIR USERS BEAT BAD WEATHER
- Three Engineering PhD Students Among 2020‑2021 Winners of the Vanier Scholarship
- Dean John Newhook Receives Canadian Academy of Engineering Fellowship
Engineering News from Dal News
Dalhousie team develops non‑woven textile that can neutralize viruses in personal protective masks
Researchers at Dalhousie have developed a sustainable, locally produced material that can be stitched into personal protective masks to neutralize certain pathogens, such as coronaviruses and influenza viruses.
Students win award in national competition for designing device to help wheelchair users beat bad weather
A group of Dalhousie students who joined together last year in an innovation sandbox program have won an award for a device they designed as part of a national design competition centred around accessibility.
Dal start‑up helps make global shipping industry green, one coat of paint at a time
Marciel Gaier, co-founder and CTO of Graphite Innovation and Technologies (GIT), is one of five winners of this year’s Mitacs Entrepreneur Award — a prestigious award recognizing individuals for their efforts in turning research into an innovative business that impacts the lives of Canadians.