Dean's Leadership List
The Dean’s Leadership List recognizes the outstanding co- and extra-curricular leadership of our undergraduate students at the Faculty of Engineering.
Students who are named to the Dean’s Leadership List have, in the eyes of their peers and faculty members, been recognized for their outstanding leadership contributions to the Dalhousie engineering community.
The Dean’s Leadership List is recognized on a term-by-term basis and honours achievements beyond the classroom. Recipients will receive a formal distinction from the Faculty that can be included on their CV.
Criteria for Eligibility
Nominees must be full time students with good academic standing.
Nominee must demonstrate exceptional leadership in one or more of the following activities in the previous or current academic year:
- Nominees act as representatives of Dalhousie on the regional, provincial, or national scale.
- Nominees will have shown leadership related to equity and diversity at the Faculty of Engineering and/or in the community.
- Nominees will have served as an ambassador to Dalhousie’s Faculty of Engineering.
- Nominees will have encouraged fellow students to become involved in co-curricular and/or extra-curricular activities.
- Nominees will have dedicated time and effort to initiatives that have potential to improve student life or develop a community for all undergraduate engineering students.
- Nominees will have demonstrated authentic leadership in the eyes of their peers on one or more engineering societies, be it a faculty-level, or general interest society (including design teams).
- Nominees will have gone above and beyond their role or position on a given society or design team to help others, or to take measures to ensure the success of the society or team as a whole, in addition to maintaining their own responsibilities,
- Nominees are exceptional team players with a positive attitude and sound communication skills.
Students, faculty and staff may nominate students eligible for the Dean’s Leadership List. Student may also self-nominate themselves.
Nominations should be submitted for each term in which the nominee is eligible. Submission deadlines are:
- December 15 (Fall Term)
- April 15 (Winter Term)
The applicant should complete the Dean’s Leadership List Nomination Form, and then submit the form to the appropriate Department Head for review. Once complete, forms should be submitted to the Office of the Dean.