Student Absence Reporting
Faculty of Engineering: Updated policy for Missed Course Work or Assessment in effect until December 31st, 2021.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 response, the Faculty of Engineering has suspended the “Student Absence Policy” and introduced an updated process for students who are unable to attempt course work or other deliverables (e.g. test, quiz, exam, assignment).
If, as a student, you are unable to complete an assignment or an assessment as a result of serious illness or unforeseen circumstance, you must submit a request for deferral of that assignment or assessment by completing the Missed Course Work or Assessment Form. You should submit the Missed Course Work or Assessment Form within 7 days of the date of the missed work and provide reasons for missing the work (no documentation is required).
All submissions will be reviewed by a staff or faculty member of the Undergraduate Studies Office for approval*. Upon approval, you will communicate with your course instructor who will then determine what your responsibilities are to make up for the missed course work or assessment.
* The Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Faculty of Engineering reserves the discretion to deny a student request if there are clear grounds to do so.
Please visit the COVID‑19 Information from Faculty of Engineering for latest updates.
For major or chronic illness and other long-term or recurring absences, students should seek professional care, refer to the University's Student Accommodation Policy, and register with an advisor at the Advising and Access Services Center.
- Application for a Waiver of an Academic Regulation [PDF - 507KB]
- Request to view Examination Script [PDF]
- Application to Write a Supplemental Examination (NetID sign-in required)
- Appeal Regulations and Form [PDF]
- Application for Activity Sponsorship [PDF]