About the Faculty
Our mission is to advance scholarly and creative achievement in professions for designing and planning the built and natural environment. Students develop their creative and critical skills in academic and professional settings.
Research and Practice
At the Faculty of Architecture and Planning at Dalhousie University, research and practice are ways to mobilize change towards sustainable communities and environments. Learn more about our research and practice.
- Big win for Vancouver-based company D’Arcy Jones Architecture (DJA)
- Seven architecture alumni receive their Fellowship at 2017 RAIC Conference
- Infrastructure expert discusses new Boston Landing development
- Alumnus featured in Landscape Architecture Magazine
- “Eat&Meet” concept a finalist in Refugee Challenge
- School of Planning professional degree programs re‑accredited for another five years
- School of Planning welcomes Dr. David Guyadeen as a new Assistant Professor in Planning
- Grad Profile: Making Cities Places for Play
- Dal Architecture & Planning students win first ever co‑op awards
- Coastal Studio Fall Update: Working through challenges and looking to the future.
Architecture & Planning News from Dal News
- Dal 200 Planning Profile: Faculty of Architecture & Planning
- Grad profile: Making cities spaces for play
- From food trucks to food buses: Dal student helps develop "Eat&Meet" for Europe and beyond
- Shifting the discussion on transit
- Sustainable living, 40 years later