Changes to Student Success Centre Services
Most Student Success staff will be moving to working remotely as of Monday March 23, 2020. Working remotely means staff can be contacted via email or telephone to have questions answered or to set up a remote meeting via telephone, Microsoft Teams or another mutually agreed upon means of meeting remotely.
If you have a permanent disability, you may be eligible for financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships or bursaries.
Dalhousie financial aid
Not restricted to students with a permanent disability, Dalhousie offers temporary loans to help you cover necessary living costs, until other funding arrives.
Not restricted to students with a permanent disability, Dalhousie's bursary program provides funds to assist students in financial need. Bursaries are typically smaller amounts of money ($200–$600), intended to supplement other funding sources.
DSU Student Accessibility Fund
Bursaries of up to $1,000 are available to students with permanent disabilities. An application is required.
Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities
The Canada Student Grant covers education-related services or equipment such as FM systems, attendant care, computer/tablet, and software. You need to be eligible for a Canada Student Loan to apply.
External scholarships and bursaries
This is not an exhaustive list but is a good starting point. If there are others you would like to share, please contact our Centre.
- Canadian Hard of Hearing Association (CHHA) Scholarship Program
- Bank of Canada Scholarship and Work Placement Program
- Disability Awards Website (search awards by province, school, disability)
- AMI Scholarship Program
- Gaulin Foundation Mental Health Support
- AbbVie IBD Scholarship Crohn’s and Colitis Canada
- Shire 2016 ADHD Scholarship
- Partnership for Access NS (PAANS)
- Holly Bartlett Memorial Award
- Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians (AEBC)
- Lime Connect Scholarships (multiple opportunities, deadlines vary)
- Mattinson Scholarship Program for Students with Disabilities