Our residence offerings for 2021/22 will be dependent upon any COVID-19 response. Thank you in advance for your understanding during these uncertain times. Your health and safety will always be our top priority. Learn more at our COVID-19 Info page.
Live in a residence full of unique spaces
Nestled among oak and maple trees, the cherished Shirreff Hall welcomes 440 students during the academic year. You'll find it on Studley Campus, at the corner of Oxford Street and South Street.
Shirreff Hall features single and double (two single beds*) rooms furnished with a bed, bureau and desk for each student. Most rooms in New Eddy and Newcombe have sinks.
What you'll find in Shirreff Hall
- first-year, returning & transfer students
- all-gender residence with female-only house (Newcombe)
- single & double rooms*
- shared, all-gender washrooms with private toilet and shower stalls (all-gender washrooms in all-gender houses)
- regular and quiet noise levels
Interesting facts about Shirreff Hall
Shirreff Hall was an exclusively female residence until 2005, when Old Eddy and New Eddy became all-gender.
The Shirreff Hall motto is "Esse Quam Videri" (To Be Rather Than To Seem).
Shirreff Hall is organized into three houses:
- Old Eddy was built in 1923 and is home to the Old Eddy Gators.
- New Eddy was built in 1962 and is home to the New Eddy Knights.
- Newcombe was built in 1966 and remains a female-only residence. It's home to the Newcombe Killer Cod.
- The Annex was built in 1923 and partners with Newcombe to form the Killer Cod.
Shirreff Hall is also home to the Leaders in Action ResLife Learning Community (RLLC).*
Students with accessibility needs should contact the Residence Office for additional information.
*Subject to any required COVID-19 response.