Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 5 reasons to study Agricultural Business at Dalhousie:
- Competitive advantage: Our program combines the core disciplines of analytical and agricultural sciences with business management. You’ll be ready to tackle the business challenges facing the science and technology industries.
- Research-based education: At our Faculty of Agriculture in Truro, you’ll study research methodology and techniques, which will prepare you to take on your own faculty-supervised research project in fourth year.
- Entrepreneurial edge: Our program teaches you how to harness the many entrepreneurial opportunities for Agricultural Business graduates. You’ll learn firsthand from knowledgeable faculty who bring extensive business experience to the classroom.
- Make a change: The global food system is one of the most pressing issues of our time. Our program will give you the skills and knowledge to make a difference in a world where food security is under threat.
- Transferable skills: The skills you'll acquire will prepare you to succeed in a variety of careers in business, government and education. Special guests: Our classes frequently feature experienced guest lecturers who add real-world perspective to your studies.
The global food industry needs educated business leaders who understand the science and business of food and related areas. You could have a career in agribusiness as a manager, consultant or entrepreneur, among many other exciting options.
What will I learn
Learn how science and management practices converge to solve problems and capture economic opportunities in our natural world. You might also choose to broaden your career opportunities by choosing from one of our minors.