NOTE: Due to COVID-19, all staff are working from home and the offices are closed. Consequently, we are unable to receive courier deliveries. Please hold all documents until the offices reopen.
Program-specific deadlines & decision release times
Please note that the MScB program has its own deadlines as below, which are different from those specified on the ‘How to Apply’ page of the FGS website. (All deadlines are midnight of the specified dates based on Atlantic Time, whether weekdays or weekend).
Application deadlines for applicants who 1) want to be considered for the Mackay Scholarship (Finance concentration applicants only) or 2) applied for either the Harmonized or CGS-M (Canada Graduate Scholarship–Master’s) scholarships:
- February 1: completion of online application (with application fee paid) + statement of research interest, CV, English proficiency test (if required), GMAT or GRE (necessary if applying for entrance scholarships), and all academic transcripts.
- February 10: two reference letters due at our program office.
- Mid-March: applicants who applied by the Feb. 1 deadline are notified.
Application Deadlines for all other students – domestic and international
- March 1: completion of online application (with application fee paid) + statement of research interest, CV, English proficiency test (if required), GMAT or GRE (optional), and all academic transcripts.
- March 10: two reference letters due at our program office.
- Mid-April: applicants who applied by the Mar. 1 deadline are notified.
Recommended deadline for applicants to send their complete FGS (Faculty of Graduate Studies) Master’s scholarship application drafts (Harmonized or CGS-M) with all supporting documents) to their potential research supervisor(s):
- November 1 of the year before the first enrolled semester.
* Please note that this is not the application deadline for the MScB program. However, since the deadlines for the CGS-M and Harmonized scholarships are early-December and mid-January, respectively, applicants who are eligible (minimum GPA of 3.7/4.3 and GRE or GMAT) and wish to apply for these scholarships should submit their complete application form (with all supporting documents) to their potential supervisor(s) by November 1 to allow time for feedback.
** Please also note that submitted applications for CGS-M and Harmonized scholarships do not guarantee admission to the MScB program. Assessment for the scholarships is separate from the admission process. However, CGS-M or Harmonized scholarships will be significant assets for your admission to the MScB program.
- Candidates must satisfy the general requirements for admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies. A minimum average of letter grade B+ (75% or above) for undergraduate studies is required.
- Please complete the Statement of Research Interests form and submit it along with your CV and other documents. To identify (a) potential research supervisor(s), we recommend you contact and discuss your research ideas with the potential supervisor(s) before you submit your application. Please note that contacting and getting any answers from the potential supervisor(s) does not guarantee the acceptance of your admission. The decision for the admission to our program will be based on your completed application with all supporting documents (academic transcript(s), statement of research interest, recommendation letters, GMAT or GRE scores if submitted, and English language proficiency scores if required and submitted).
- Results of a graduate aptitude test (optional), preferably the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). The GRE will be accepted in lieu of the GMAT. Applicants who wish to be considered for an RSB (Rowe School of Business) entrance scholarship must submit a GMAT or GRE score.
- If you wish to be considered for any entrance scholarship, a minimum GPA of 3.7 (out of 4.3) is recommended.
- Students with a bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce, Economics, Applied Statistics, Communication and Media Studies, Computer Science, Data and Information Science, Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction Studies, Information Management or Information Studies, Psychology, Technology Management or related disciplines are encouraged to apply.
Please note: Admission is for September only.
Please note: Our review of a submitted application begins only after the application is complete with the application fee paid and all supporting documents (i.e., academic transcript(s), CV, statement of research interest, recommendation letters, GMAT or GRE scores if submitted, and English language proficiency scores if required and submitted) have arrived at our office.