Funding & support
For information on scholarship opportunities check out the Marine Affairs Program Scholarship and Awards Page
Graduate Scholarship - Sobey Fund for Oceans
The goal of the Sobey Fund for Oceans is to inspire innovative multi-disciplinary approaches for creating healthy oceans and sustainable economies. The Sobey Fund for Oceans provides resources to support scholarships, work placements, and student-led events and conferences to help tomorrow’s leaders see “beneath the surface” of our oceans’ problems to find lasting solutions. There is a separate application process for this scholarship.
Douglas M. Johnston - MASC Scholarship in Marine Affairs
The Douglas M. Johnston - MASC Scholarship in Marine Affairs is a $5,000 award established by the Maritime Awards Society of Canada (MASC). The scholarship is conferred on an annual basis to a Canadian citizen to pursue the Master of Marine Management (MMM) degree. Qualified applicants to the MMM are automatically considered for this scholarship upon completion of their application submitted by January 31.
The criteria for applicants includes:
- applicants must be a Canadian citizen
- applicants must demonstrate superior academic records
- applicants may undergo a financial needs assessment
Current Dalhousie students are welcome to apply for the following QES internship placements. Please click on the links below to download details on the various positions as well as the application form.
- Caribbean Natural Resources Institute (CANARI) Research Assistant - Belize [PDF]
- Gender in Fisheries Research Assistant - Barbados [PDF]
- Marine Policy Officer - Sustainable Grenadines Inc - St. Vincent and the Grenadines [PDF]
- Marine Policy Officer - Local Early Adaptation Planning - Sustainable Grenadines Inc - St. Vincent and the Grenadines [PDF]
- Marine Policy Officer - Junior Rangers - Sustainabile Grenadines - St Vincent and the Grenadines
Internship placements will normally occur in the summer term. The duration is 3-6 months. Financial support for the internship is available.
Application deadline – noon on February 17, 2017
Send Application to: Becky Field, Administrator
Marine Affairs Program - Marine.firstname.lastname@example.org