Dalhousie is a member of the U15 group of Canada’s most research-intensive universities. Dalhousie has over 1,350 laboratory spaces across four campuses. Lab spaces typically are four to five times more energy intensive than classroom space.
Our goal is to develop standards, oversee their implementation, and inspire the many behavioural changes that are needed throughout the scientific community.
- Reducing water and energy consumption
- Support life cycle costing and related benefits
- Improving sustainable purchasing decisions
- Increasing waste reduction and source separation
- Raising environmental, health impacts and protection awareness
My Green Lab's certification is globally recognized as the sustainability best practices standard.
Whether you are a lab manager or a scientist at Dal, you can be certified and make your laboratory more sustainable.
Learn about why green labs are important at Dal and order posters and stickers for your lab.