Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Top 5 reasons to study Veterinary Technology at Dalhousie:
- Enjoy an exceptionally high employment rate as a graduate of this program, which gives you a chance to make a difference in the lives of animals.
- Get the training and skills you'll need to enter the exciting world of veterinary medicine as a job-ready veterinary technician.
- Gain practical experience by completing an internship and two externships, ranging from private practice to specialty referral centres.
- Learn from veterinary technicians and veterinarians. Many of our instructors work in private practices, keeping our program current and bringing a diversity of rich experience to share with students.
- The Veterinary Technology program is accredited by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association. Our animal facilities are approved for teaching by the Canadian Council on Animal Care, and our clinic is accredited by the Nova Scotia Veterinary Medical Association.
What will I learn?
Students learn about animal nursing and medications, how to assist with surgery, monitor general anesthesia, take radiographs, perform lab tests and counsel clients on dentistry and other issues.
What can I do?
We prepare you to work in small and large animal vet practices, but our alumni also work as animal shelter managers, veterinary-related sales reps, research animal technicians, and other exciting career options.