Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 5 reasons to study Managed Landscapes at Dalhousie:
- Learn from pros in the field: Landscape professionals work here and others visit our campus in Truro, NS to lecture, do demos, and share experiences—creating on-the-spot networking opportunities.
- Knowledge and skill: Your education will provide you with a range of options for a life-long career, whether you aspire to be a garden writer, golf course superintendent, arborist or landscape company owner.
- The campus is your classroom: You’ll learn hands-on skills by working in our campus gardens, including the Rock Garden, Alumni Garden, and other specialized garden environments—and by designing and creating your own.
- Become a steward of the land: Lectures and field trips show you how to ensure the landscape is managed in a sustainable, eco-friendly manner so you can help increase biodiversity while supporting native plant populations, and keep a healthy living environment for future generations.
- Creative—and practical: You'll be able to explore your creative side, but train for a career in an ever-expanding field. The design and management of the green spaces in your community benefits everyone.
What Can I Do?
Find out just how many careers in horticulture there are—from managing a golf course or a nursery to being a landscape architect. Whatever your path, you’ll likely spend more time outdoors than in a traditional office.
What Will I Learn?
Through courses that range in topic from plant identification to landscape design, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to explore your interests and discover what you're really passionate about.