Top 9 reasons to study Computer Science at Dalhousie:
- Technology is transforming the world and is central to meeting the challenges of the future to make the world a better place.
- Specializations in Graphics, Gaming, and Media; Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Systems; Communication Technologies and Cyber Security; BioInformatics; and Data Science.
- Highly paid co-op work terms with companies like Microsoft, HB Studios, and IBM.
- Flexibility to combine your Computer Science degree with a great variety of minors.
- Low instructor-to-student ratio when compared to Canada's top universities.
- Strong ties to industry, such as projects with Boeing and IBM.
- Vibrant student life, with three student societies, programming competitions, hackathons, game jams and fun social events.
- World-renowned and award-winning faculty teaching a wide range of courses.
- Research strengths in several areas, including web information systems, health informatics, bioinformatics, human-computer interaction, computer networking and security, algorithms, e-business and intelligent systems.