Undergraduate program: Computer Science
Top 5 reasons to study Computer Science at Dalhousie:
- Develop the foundational knowledge and technical skills to build, influence and evaluate the technology of the future.
- Get an accredited degree through our honours programme, designed to provide you with a more challenging degree that prepares you for graduate school.
- Gain work experience through co-op placements with companies like IBM, Twitter, and the Ocean Tracking Network and earn up to $10,000 per work term.
- Work along-side award-winning profs, leading innovative research in: algorithms and bioinformatics, big data analytics and machine learning, human-computer interaction, visualization and graphics, and networks, systems and security.
- Be a part of a strong community of students, staff and professors and benefit from our dedicated resources and supports, student societies and dynamic learning spaces.
Our graduates are creating new technologies and shaping how we interact with computers across all industry sectors. From IT to defense, aerospace and gaming, our grads are busy making an impact with their work.
You’ll have the option to tailor your degree by choosing from a range of options including co-op, honours, and certificates, or immersing yourself in the research and innovation happening right here in our building.