Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 5 reasons to study Aquaculture at Dalhousie:
- The Aquaculture Centre: An 8,100 square-foot facility, located at the Dalhousie Agricultural Campus in Truro, includes freshwater and seawater sources, wet and dry labs and high-performance technology.
- Underwater diversity: You'll work with a variety of fish, shellfish and plant species, from salmon to algae.
- Get your hands wet: Whether raising fish from egg to adult or managing aquatic ecosystems, you'll learn by doing.
- Graduate study options: Students can pursue a Master's (MSc) in Aquaculture, offered in partnership with the National Research Council, after completing an undergraduate degree.
- An expanding field: With seafood increasingly coming from farms, the skills you'll acquire in fish, shellfish and aquatic plant production and maintenance are increasingly marketable.
What will I learn?
You'll learn about all aspects of aquatic life, including fish breeding, health and nutrition, animal and plant biology and facilities management.
Opportunities are numerous in the growing aquaculture industry. Dal Aquaculture grads can look forward to careers in conservation, seafood production and research.