Master of Planning (MPlan)
Master of Planning Studies (MPS)
The School of Planning provides professional planning education at the graduate level. They are one of two constituent schools in the Faculty of Architecture and Planning. Their strength lies in understanding urban and environmental systems, and the relationships between them. The faculty are committed to planning and designing good communities in life-sustaining environments. The School offers two programs: the MPlan, and the MPS, a post-professional degree that provides professional planners with an opportunity to pursue research at the graduate level.
Length of Program
- MPlan - typical time to complete is 2 years
- MPS - typical time to complete is 5 years
The curriculum of the School emphasizes:
- Specialized knowledge of theory and practice of planning processes;
- A sound appreciation of the environmental, social, and economic processes that shape the form and character of communities;
- The active contribution of students in confronting and resolving contemporary planning problems in local communities; and
- The development of personal capabilities suited to the leadership roles that planners assume
Candidates must satisfy the general requirements for admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
This program strongly suggests that applicants apply before January 31st.
Admissions to the combined programs (MASc/MPlan & MEng/MPlan) are suspended until further notice.
|Address:||5410 Spring Garden Road,
Halifax, NS, Canada, B3J 2X4
|Graduate Coordinator:||Ahsan Habib
|Graduate Coordinator Tel:||902-494-3209
|Graduate Coordinator Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Website & Fact Sheets:|