Study sustainability at Dal
Degree and Certificate Programs
Explore the many Degree & Certificate Programs across Dal’s seven faculties and four campuses that offer teaching and learning opportunities in sustainability.
- BA/BSc/BCD/BMgmt/BJH in Environment, Sustainability & Society (ESS)
- BA in International Development Studies
- BA/BSc in Environmental Science
- BA/BSc in Ocean Sciences
- BCD in Community Design
- BEng in Environmental Engineering
- BSc (Agr) in Environmental Sciences
- BSc (Agr) in Integrated Environmental Management
- Certificate in Aquaculture and the Environment
- Certificate in Environmental Impact Management
- Certificate in Sustainable Development
- Certificate of Specialization in Organic Agriculture
- Certificate in Sustainable Energy Technologies
- Marine and Environmental Law Program (MELP) certificate
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Environmental Biology
- RBC Sustainability Leadership Certificate
College of Sustainability
Dalhousie’s College of Sustainability has offered community-engaged undergraduate education in sustainability for over a decade. Its ESS (Environment, Sustainability and Society) curriculum is unique in Canada.
- Read the ESS Program overview.
- Check out our quick 5-minute video!
- Learn more about the ESS curriculum and the Sustainability Co-op option, and watch Dal's message to employers.
- Meet the ESS faculty.
- The College of Sustainability hosts a provocative series of Thursday night lectures, films, and panel discussions, free of charge and open to the public.
Student & Alumni Changemakers
Read about current student changemakers and ESS/DAL alumni who are making a difference with the work they do to champion sustainability and meaningful social change.