Agricultural Campus and Faculty Procedures
Requesting facilities management services
The Physical Plant Unit at the Dalhousie Agricultural Campus has become part of the Dalhousie University’s Facilities Management Department. The Agricultural Campus maintenance team will be referred to as Zone 5.
Inter-campus mail delivery between Truro and Halifax
- Use an inter-campus mail envelope. Write the name of the recipient and their department on the envelope. Do not use abbreviations
- Facilities Management (FM) mail staff will pick up the inter-campus mail daily and deliver it to the mailroom on each campus.
- The inter-campus mail will be couriered to either campus, each evening. Expect a two-day turn around. If next morning service is necessary please continue to follow your existing courier service procedure.
- Each day, inter-campus mail will be delivered to each department at both campuses by Facilities Management mail staff.
- Larger items or packages that do not fit in an inter-campus mail envelope can be sent but will be billed to your department (please contact the Dal mailroom directly at (902) 494-3476 in advance of sending any large orders or oversized packages).
- For more information contact Mike Wilkinson at 494-8396 or M.Wilkinson@dal.ca or the Dalhousie mailroom at 494-3476
Requesting routine maintenance or repair services
- Call or email the service request to the Facilities Management (formerly known as Physical Plant) office.
- FM staff will create a work request and assign it to a trades person to complete the work.
Requesting small job or project services
- Complete a blue sheet project request complete with account number and signature by a signing authority
- Deliver the blue sheet to the Facilities Management office
- FM staff will issue the request to a planner
- The planner will contact you to discuss the scope of the project
For more information contact Facilities at (902) 893-6663.
Room and Event Booking Procedures
- The Registrar’s Office handles bookings of classrooms scheduled before 5 p.m., between September and May.
- Conference Services handles the booking of common-pool classrooms, boardrooms, lecture theatres, and meeting rooms after 5 p.m. and on weekends, between May and September. They also handle conferences, and off-season residence rooms between May and August along with outdoor gardens and ground space bookings at all times throughout the year. Conference Services also books Alumni Theatre. Please note: Audiovisual services for the theatre must be booked separately through Corporate AV.
- The Residence Services Office handles the assignment of student residence rooms from September to May.
- Chartwells handles bookings in Jenkins Hall for indoor weddings, receptions, and banquets.
- Animal Sciences handles bookings for Haley 112.
- Athletics controls bookings for the Langille Athletic Centre and associated athletic fields.
- MacRae Library bookings are handled by the MacRae Library
For more information contact Michelle Lavigne at (902) 494-6779 or Michelle.Lavigne@dal.ca
Departmental billings for Facilities Management services and projects
The Facilities Management (FM) unit at the Agricultural Campus uses Famis, a computerized maintenance management system. Famis uses a work order system to collect costs associated with performing individual repairs, as well as larger projects.
Famis also allows FM to bill customer accounts directly for these costs on a weekly basis, rather than using a manual billing process.
For more information contact Roger Jones at (902) 494-1050 or Roger.Jones@dal.ca