Using sustainable transportation reduces our energy consumption
Sustainable Transportation Planning
The Office of Sustainability releases an Annual University Commuter Survey, Transportation Demand Management (TDM) reports and plans, and supports the development of new and existing programs. Dalhousie University’s Active Transportation Design Guidelines have been developed to meet municipal bylaw requirements and active transportation precedents.
Benefits of walking, cycling and transit
There are numerous benefits from active transportation:
- Health –provides an opportunity to be physically active on a regular basis.
- Social –is accessible to Canadians and increases social interactions.
- Transportation –reduces road congestion.
- Environmental –can contribute to reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution
- Economic –saves money on gas and parking.
Check out Dalhousie's SmartTrip for all your transportation options or visit the Dal Bike Centre