Contact Us

Dalhousie University Off-Campus Living Office

1233 LeMarchant Street
Risley Hall, Room 1024
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS  B3H 4R2
Phone: (902) 494-2429

Dalhousie University Off-Campus Housing Advisor


Helpful Contacts

Off-Campus Housing Advisor

The Off-Campus Housing Advisor can provide students with resources and service navigation related to housing. The off-campus housing advisor will also track themes and trends of Dalhousie student’s experiences to use to advocate on behalf of students in different settings. If students have any questions about off-campus housing tips and resources or would like to flag a particular housing situation, please reach out to the Off-Campus Housing Advisor (

General Government Information Hotlines

If students have general questions about municipal (Halifax Regional Municipality or Town of Truro) services such as housing bylaws, garbage schedules, or parking tickets please call: 

·         Halifax: 311, the Municipal Services and Information Hotline 

·         Truro: 1.800.835.6428, Nova Scotia Services and Information Hotline 

Social Worker Support - Halifax and Truro

If students need support with practical problem-solving skills or assistance with resource and system navigation, please contact a social worker: 

        Halifax: Student Health & Wellness - Make an Appointment

        Truro: Student Health & Wellness - Make an Appointment

Dalhousie Legal Aid

If students are experiencing legal issues and would like legal advice for the next steps please contact Dal Legal Aid 


Emergency Contact Information

·         Dal Safe App 

·         Police for Halifax (911)

·         RCMP for Truro (911)