Apply Now – Field Courses
1. Receive your nomination
If you are selected to participate in an International Field Course, you will receive a nomination/acceptance letter or email from the Dalhousie department/faculty. Keep this letter on file, as you may need to provide it to immigration officials or your host university to demonstrate that you have been chosen to participate in the program.
2. Attend the orientation meeting
Attend an orientation meeting if applicable (Not all programs will have one)
- Each International Field Course offered by Dalhousie will have different expectations and program requirements. Please set up an appointment with your Field Course coordinator to ensure you are completing what is required of you if this detail has not been included in your nomination/acceptance letter.
3. Arrange for academic transfer (if necessary)
- Before you leave, follow the procedure for receiving academic credit from Dalhousie for the courses you will take abroad.
- In some cases, you may need to complete a Letter of Permission (If a Dalhousie course is not being taught abroad and you need academic transfer).
- Once you complete your term abroad, the Registrar Office receives your final transcript and they will assign credit and update your record accordingly
4. Meet Dalhousie's pre-departure requirements
As soon as you have received your formal letter of acceptance to participate in the International Field Course you can start your pre-departure work.
5. Apply for bursaries, scholarships, and grants
Once you've started to think about booking plane tickets and securing a visa if necessary, you should consider the funding options available