If you do not meet our general entrance requirements, you may be eligible for admission to certain programs under our mature applicant policy.
To apply as a mature student you need to:
- be at least 21 years of age (by the first day of classes)
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- not be eligible for regular admission
- apply for the first year of an undergraduate program that does not require previous university-level study
- have completed Grade 12 Academic English with a minimum grade of 65. Admission to some programs will require the completion of other required subjects.
- have not studied at the university level. If you have studied at the university level, you must have attempted one year or less of transferable work and been absent from study for a minimum of two years.
Need to obtain an academic prerequisite for admission or to upgrade?
If you are planning to apply to an Undergraduate program and need to take a course to meet a prerequisite or to upgrade an existing mark in a subject, you may connect with the Mature Student Advisor by emailing email@example.com.
How to apply
- Complete the undergraduate application form (online or print)
- Submit the following supporting documents to the Registrar’s Office:
- Official transcript(s) of your last formal schooling (high school or post-secondary)
- A letter outlining life and work experience since your last period of full-time study. Be sure to clearly outline your educational goals and motivation to succeed at university study.