Top 5 reasons to study History at Dal:
- We have range. Our courses cover everything from our new emphasis on transnational history, to our rich base in medieval, British, European, Russian, African, Middle Eastern, Atlantic World history, and the history of the Americas.
- We’re interdisciplinary. You can broaden your studies by taking courses in related programs such as European Studies, International Development Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies, Law and Society, Popular Culture, Canadian Studies, Russian Studies, and Sustainability.
- We’re tight-knit. Our low faculty-to-student ratio and small class sizes (upper-level ones can have as few as 5–10 students) create a rich learning environment with plenty of one-on-one interaction.
- We’re flexible. You can tailor your own program to combine your various interests within our concentration, major, double major, honours, and combined honours program options.
- We’re steeped in history. When you study history at Dal, you can walk out your front door and immerse yourself in one of Canada’s oldest cities and all that it has to offer.