Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 5 reasons to study Agricultural Economics at Dalhousie:
- Be a deciding factor: At the core of your Agricultural Economics major is an emphasis on professional decision-making as it applies to issues like resource use and policy.
- Interdisciplinary study: Agricultural Economics combines knowledge and skills from mathematics, management and social sciences.
- Theory plus practice: Explore the ideas that guide Agricultural Economics and develop practical skills by putting those ideas to work.
- Open for debate: Our courses include lively discussions around current issues, so your education is always relevant and your voice is always heard.
- International perspective: In class discussions about global issues, you'll discover a rapidly changing world and interact with students from around the world.
What will I learn?
You'll take courses that combine the worlds of science and business, exposing you to issues like trade, pricing and policy and giving you the decision-making skills needed for professional success.
Agricultural Economics graduates are prepared to solve real-world challenges as consultants, analysts and advisors, or to continue their studies in master's or doctoral programs.