The following are a number of the forms that you will need throughout your studies. The actual forms for download are listed at the bottom of the page.
Annual Progress Report Form
Only students in the MCS program (thesis) and the PhD program who are paying continuing fees are required to fill out the form, i.e.:
- MCS students after their 1st year
- PhD students (post-Master's) after their 2nd year
- PhD students (post-Bachelor) after their 3rd year
The form can be downloaded directly from the Graduate Studies website.
The form is due at the CS Admin Office (Room 106) at the end of February.
Master's Thesis Defence / Project Presentation Scheduling Form
For student who choose project or thesis, they should fill out the thesis defense/project presentation scheduling form. The form should be signed by committee members (3 for thesis/2 for project) and chair (moderator) of the defense. Chair (distinct from committee) is required for thesis only. The purpose is to confirm commitment of committee members to attend defense/presentation and to initiate public announcement of defense/presentation.
Submit with the new, Online Master's Thesis Defence / Project Presentation Scheduling and Completion Form. This automated form merges the Master's Thesis Defence / Project Presentation Scheduling and Completion forms into one.
or Download the paper form [PDF-61kB]
Master's Thesis Defence / Project Presentation Completion Form
Thesis/Project completion form should be signed by all committee members. It is the responsibility of the supervisor to submit the signed form to the graduate administrator when all corrections to thesis/project report are done. Purpose is to formally advise the graduate administrator when the student is done.
Download the form [PDF-61kB]
PhD Research Aptitude / Thesis Proposal Defense Scheduling Form
The main idea behind the research aptitude project is to enable the Ph.D. student to get a focus on research work and provide feedback to the student at an early stage in Ph.D. studies.
Submit with the new, Online PhD Research Aptitude / Thesis Proposal Defense Scheduling and Completion Form. This automated form merges the PhD Research Aptitude / Thesis Proposal Defense Scheduling and Completion forms into one.
or Download the paper form [PDF-66kB]
PhD Research Aptitude / Thesis Proposal Defense Completion Form
It is the responsibility of the supervisor to submit the signed form to the graduate administrator.
Download the form [PDF-61kB]
The Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) requires each new student to fill out and sign a program form before the end of the first month of the first semester. This is the most important form in your studies as it is the contract between you and FGS. The purpose of the form is for the student and the graduate coordinator to be clear on the degree requirements. Please submit it to the CS Admin Office (Room 106). This form has to be used to apply for auditing courses.
This form can be downloaded directly from the Graduate Studies website.
Program Update Form
If the courses you have listed on your program form do not match the course you have listed on your transcripts then you are required to fill out a program update form and submit it to the CS Admin Office (Room 106).
Directed Studies Proposal Form
The Directed Studies must be approved by both the student's thesis supervisor, directed study supervisor, and the graduate coordinator. Once approved, the graduate office will open registration for the student on Banner. This process should be completed before the last date to add a course. The process to follow is:
- Student writes the content of the directed studies form with the following content, in a plain text (.txt) file:
- Short description of the course 150-300 words
- Set of milestones to be achieved, with dates
- Criteria for the evaluation of the outcome of the directed study
- Additional information:
Required text and resources, incl. a reading list
Learning outcomes from the directed study
- Student shares the form with his/her thesis supervisor and directed study supervisor (if different), receives feedback, and incorporates such feedback.
- Student submits the final form to the Online Directed Studies Proposal Form or Download the paper form [PDF-20kB].
- The thesis and directed study supervisor and graduate coordinator will receive an email requesting approval.
- Once approved, the graduate office will open the registration for the student on Banner.
- This process should be completed before the end of the first week of classes in the term.
- Directed studies report must be completed and submitted to the directed studies supervisor by the last day of classes of the term and a letter grade must be submitted by email to email@example.com and to the graduate coordinator 7 days after the last day of exam of the term.
Supervisor Selection Form
All students who are selecting or changing research supervisors should fill out supervisor selection form.
Download the form [PDF-20kB]
Desk, PED and Card Form
If you need to obtain an access card, desk, ped and a computer for research work, fill out an Access Request Form on the Help Desk Website.
For other forms such as waiver from academic regulation, add/drop, reassessment of final grade, intention to graduate and letter of permission, please check and download from the Registrar's Office.