Become a better designer and builder of software technologies
The Master of Applied Computer Science (MACS) program is a 16-month graduate degree that prepares you for a dynamic career in the software industry by developing strong technical skills with core courses in systems, communications, and data management.
Create a program that is right for you
Apply what you’ve learned in class in either a paid industry internship, an entrepreneurship work term, or a research project with one of our stream options:
Top reasons to do your MACS at Dalhousie
- Experiential-based learning: Build on your classroom knowledge and gain experience in either a paid industry internship, an entrepreneurship work term, or a research project with one of our stream options.
- Connected to industry: We have strong ties with industry, enabling us to offer relevant curriculum, networking opportunities and quality internship placement options.
- In-demand curriculum: The program is designed to give you the technical skills needed for rapid advancement within the software industry with in-demand required courses in: mobile computing, data management, warehousing and analytics, communications.
- Learn in person: Share ideas and insights among experienced faculty members and classmates with a range of diverse backgrounds and professional experiences.
- Wide range of backgrounds: Whether you're an IT professional working in Canada, a student coming directly from an undergradaute degree, or a internationally-trained professional, this degree is right for you. And you'll benefit from working within a group of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- A growing network: Computer science permeates nearly all human endeavours from business and science to entertaiment and medicine. Our growing alumni network is full of grads that have found work across all industry sectors.