Early Baggage Drop‑off
Moving to a residence in Halifax?
Lighten your load with the convenient, time-saving Early Baggage Drop-off Service. You or a designated family member can access your room and drop off all or some of your belongings prior to your designated move-in day.
How it works
- You can sign in through DalOnline and complete the Before You Arrive section in your Residence Application to sign up for Early Baggage Drop Off when it becomes available (TBD).
- Go to your residence front desk (or the front desk identified for your residence) during the arranged time (TBD)
- You'll be given access to your room for a maximum of 30 minutes. You will not be able to unpack or set up your room until your actual move-in day.
- Carts will be made available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please ensure you adhere to both Dalhousie and Halifax Regional Municipality parking regulations.
- If you are unable to attend in person and would still like to participate in this service, you may have a relative drop off your baggage with a completed Drop-Off Services Acknowledgement Waiver (available through the Before You Arrive page on DalOnline. You will receive an email after completing this section). The person bringing your belongings must have this waiver with them to gain access to the building.
- This service is currently available for Halifax-campus residents only.
- Howe Hall, Gerard Hall, Shirreff Hall, Risley Hall and LeMarchant Place front desks
- Mini Res—through Howe Hall front desk
- Grad House—through Gerard Hall front desk
- Glengary Apartments—through Risley Hall front desk