Who's Who in Residence
When you look around your residence, you’ll see many faces – both student and staff. We’d like to introduce your residence team and talk a little about their roles within your community.
Residence Life Dons (RLD)
- Part-time professional staff that live in residence and develop educational, social, and personal growth programs.
- Train and supervise Residence Assistants.
- Advise and counsel students.
Residence Assistants (RAs)
- Student leaders who live in residence.
- Carefully selected and receive extensive training in maintaining community standards, community programming/development and crisis management.
- Also trained in peer counselling but are not professional counsellors, but do their best to help you work through any difficulties and refer you to appropriate campus resources.
Dining Hall/Food Services at Dalhousie Staff
- Chartwells, Dalhousie Agricultural Campus’ Food Services partner, prepares a wide variety of quality food options on a continuous dining basis.
- Open door policy for students – drop by their office anytime.
Residence Sustainability Representative (RSR)
- A student staff member who works collaboratively with Residence Life Staff and the Office of Sustainability to raise awareness about sustainability issues and conservation in residence.
- Chairs the Green Residence Forum (GRF) and recruits members from all residences to participate in activities related to sustainability in residence.
- Provides leadership to student teams in the organization of Ecolympics and other sustainability focused events in residence.
Custodial and Maintenance Services (Utility Services Personnel)
- Full-time staff help maintain the cleanliness of the building.
- If you have a question or concern regarding custodial service, please contact your RA.
- Maintenance person will monitor the maintenance request forms submitted by your RA and ensure repair jobs are addressed promptly. Please report all maintenance concerns to your RA.
- Full-time staff who handle administrative functions at the Dalhousie Agricultural Campus Residence Office, located in Fraser House.
- Process applications and room assignments for all buildings and handle all residence deposits.
- Responsible for the year-round operation of residence buildings.
- Oversee security, custodial and maintenance staff.
- Priority is to maintain a comfortable and safe living environment while ensuring regular maintenance and timely repairs in the building.