International Student Work Experience Program
An on campus job and so much more!
The International Student Work Experience Program (ISWEP) is an on campus part-time employment program for undergraduate and graduate international students.
Why this is more than just another part-time job?
• Earn money working in a supportive environment on campus
• Develop in-demand career skills
• Learn job search strategies to help reach your career goals
• Build networking skills and explore opportunities for mentorship
• Build your Co-Curricular Record
Through this program 70 designated positions will be available for the winter 2019/2020 term and 70 for the fall 2020/2021 term.
All full-time students with a valid study permit that allows for up to 20 hours of on campus/off campus work are eligible. Please visit the International Centre and speak to an advisor if you are unsure of whether your study permit allows you to work.
Students must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) or be eligible for one.
International undergraduate and graduate students registered at the Truro, Studley, Sexton and Carlton campus are all eligible to participate in the program.
The rate of pay for ISWEP jobs is $14/hour for a 100 hours per semester for each student.
- Attend an ISWEP info session on Studley, Sexton and Truro campus. Registration opens October 14thon myCareer.
- Agricultural campus information session: November 1st from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Extended Learning Classroom.
- Studley campus information sessions: November 4th from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Student Union Building, room 270, Council Chambers. November 5th from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Student Union Building, room 303.
- Sexton campus information session: November 6th from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Emera IDEA building, room 1004, Romero Classroom.
- Job Posting will be available for applications on MyCareer from November 18thto 29th2019
- Placements begin January 6th, 2020.
Please note that you are only required to attend one information session.
International students interested in applying for ISWEP job postings are strongly encouraged to visit the International Centre for a resume, cover letter and interview preparation appointment with a Peer Advisor.
Peer advising hours:
Mon, Wed, Fri 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Successful students must complete a learning plan and submit a final reflection upon completion of the placement. Templates will be provided.
For questions or concerns, please reach out to the ISWEP program coordinator, Cecilia Khamete, via email at Cecilia.Khamete@dal.ca