Make an Appointment
Book a one-on-one session
To register for a 25- or 50-minute appointment at any of our Halifax locations, please do one of the following:
- Set up an appointment with the online form
- Register in person during office hours in the Killam Library, Room G40C
- Set up an appointment by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (902-494-1963)
- Set up an appointment using eSARS, our online booking software
Writing Centre appointment maximums
In order to allow as many students as possible to make use of the Writing Centre, we limit the number of appointments each student may make to two appointments per week and a total of ten appointments each term.
What to expect during your appointment
- The main focus of individual sessions will always be on training you to be your own writer and editor.
- The Writing Centre is not a proofreading or editing service. We’re here to discuss your writing and help you develop strategies to write more effectively.
- Bring any assignment sheets or course materials and a list of questions you would like to discuss.
- You may come to the Writing Centre at any stage of an assignment from planning the work to revising it.
- Be sure to leave plenty of time to make revisions and prepare your final document.
Self-disclosure and confidentiality at the Writing Centre
Academic assignments, course progress, and matters of a personal and private nature can be discussed with advisors, coaches or tutors in Student Affairs. Your discussion with advisors, coaches or tutors will be considered confidential with three exceptions:
- When an advisor, coach or tutor believes that you may be at risk of harm to yourself or someone else;
- When an advisor, coach or tutor becomes aware that a crime has been committed; or
- When you communicate or do something that is a violation of university policy.
We take your well-being and your right to privacy seriously. We also take our responsibility to uphold academic integrity standards seriously.
For appointments at the Faculty of Agriculture, email email@example.com or drop in to the Writing Centre on the main floor of the MacRae Library.