Changing Your Major
Can you change majors?
Yes. If at any point you decide you would like to change your major, or add a double major or a minor, you can do so by filling in the online declare form again with what you would like to change your major to. Once you submit the form, your major will be updated on your record within 2-3 business days.
Why you might want to consider changing majors:
- You discover another major that you’d prefer.
- You’re not doing well in the courses required for your major.
- Your future education or career goals require a different major.
How to change your major (and minor if applicable):
- Login to Dal Online
- In Web for Students, click on Student Records
- Click on Declare Your Major/Minor/Certificate
- Fill out all relevant sections (major, double major, minor) and submit the form
- Once you submit the form, your major will be updated on your record within 2-3 business days.
- If you experience any problems with the online form, contact the Registrar's Office at (902) 494.2450 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Considering changing programs?
Dal’s degree programs have different entrance and degree requirements. If you would like to explore a program change, meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss your options. An Advisor can help you:
- explore whether a change is right for you.
- review the entrance requirements for other degrees.
- decide if this change is realistic.
- estimate your remaining requirements (transfer credits).
- explore other options.
How to apply to a new program
To change programs housed in another Faculty, you need to fill out an undergraduate application form.