Top 6 reasons to study Arts and Social Sciences at Dal:
- Flexibility: Our Bachelor of Arts (BA) programs give you the opportunity to combine majors, study minors and sample courses from across the academic spectrum, including many from our neighbours at University of King's College. We offer the widest selection of Arts and Social Science courses in Atlantic Canada.
- Coordinated Arts Program: Take a condensed and focused program of first-year courses in the CAP program and build a solid foundation for your future studies.
- Critical thinking: No matter what you study, you'll learn to think critically and creatively about the world – a skill valued in all fields of employment.
- Communication skills: Our programs are based on discussion, debate and the free-flowing exchange of ideas between students and faculty.
- Keys to a career: The diversity of skills, knowledge and experiences you get with a BA degree prepares you to pursue careers in law, business, media, government, non-profits and more.
- The heart of Halifax: Located in Atlantic Canada's cultural capital, Dal and its students shape and celebrate life in Halifax, from its thriving music scene to its oceanfront beauty.