How to Apply
MPA or GDPA Program
Deadline for application:
The deadline for Canadian applications is June 1 every year for September admission. Early application is encouraged, as admissions are limited. There are NO January or Spring/Summer admissions.
The following must be submitted by the deadline:
- Statement of Intent (interest) as per the additional information section of the application form
- The paper form OR online application
- Two academic reference letters, either through the electronic reference system in the online application or by paper [DOC - 100KB]
- If using the e-reference system, Dalhousie University will only accept university email addresses [ie not Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, business, or government addresses]. Please allow 5 business days for your referee(s) to be contacted by our system.
- If you are submitting a paper reference letter, it must be in a sealed, stamped envelope which is endorsed across the back seal by the referee and mailed to the address indicated on the form. If a referee is reluctant to follow this procedure, please provide him/her with a stamped envelope, addressed to the department to which you are applying, and have him/her mail the letter directly. If the reference is given to the student directly, do not open the envelope.
- Two (2) Official Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- International students – TOEFL (if English not primary language of instruction in primary and secondary school) and GMAT, GRE or LSAT (required by all). International deadline is March 31.
- *TOEFL (92) and IELTS (7.0) minimums set by graduate studies
- GMAT, GRE results judged on individual component percentile scores
When submitting an online application, résumés and statements of intent can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information see the Faculty of Graduate Studies website.
Combined MPA/JD and MPA/MLIS Programs
Students must apply separately to each academic unit. The School of Public Administration joins with the Schulich School of Law to approve students for the MPA/JD program and the School of Information Management to approve students for the MPA/MLIS program.