Thinking and acting globally
Our global connections enhance the quality and impact of education and research at local, national and international levels. Our international strategy is built on cooperation and partnerships to support learning and research that is interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, global in reach, and oriented toward solving problems that extend across national borders.
Key areas of internationalization include:
- Strengthening strategic international partnerships around the world
- Supporting student mobility for studying here or abroad via International Centres on the Halifax campuses and Agricultural campus
- Fostering innovative international research and development
- Recruiting students from around the world for more internationalized campuses
- Supporting and retaining international students with services including ESL
- Engaging alumni across the globe
- Promoting innovation and diversity in academic programs
Office of International Relations
We have over 300 partnership agreements with universities from 67 countries. The Office of International Relations helps oversee the implementation of the international strategy and coordinates partnership agreements, visiting delegations and visits abroad.
Dalhousie is part of a growing world community. By partnering with institutions around the world, we help provide international opportunities for students, faculty and researchers. We help foster global citizenship.
– Alain Boutet, executive director, Office of International Relations
We currently welcome nearly 4,000 international students from more than 115 countries. Over 300 Dalhousie students are studying abroad or on exchange in over 40 countries. The International Centres are committed to providing services and supports to strengthen international experiences for students.
International Research & Development
Our researchers collaborate with colleagues in over 100 countries across the globe, and currently participate in over 50 funded international research and international development initiatives. International Research & Development (IR&D) promotes, facilitates and monitors Dalhousie’s institutional initiatives in international development and international research by promoting, facilitating and monitoring Dalhousie’s international research and international development initiatives.