Indigenous Student Advising
Fostering a Supportive Environment for all Indigenous Students
"Pjila'si" Welcome everyone to what promises to be an exciting year here at Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus!
As Manager of Indigenous Students I look forward to joining all of you on your educational journeys.
Currently due the recent fire in Cox institute we do not have a designated Indigenous resource room; however, I encourage all of you to access the new Learning Commons above the MacRae Library. There is a space inside the Learning Commons where you can Smudge!
I can offer several other services to those who identify as Indigenous such as printing, tutoring, and individual confidential advising.
Come visit me at my office located in Student Success just inside the Dairy Building 11 Sipu Awti.
See you on campus!
Manager, Indigenous Students
Dalhousie University Agricultural Campus
Office: 902-896-4486 Cell: 902-956-9270
We’re committed to helping you find ways to fund your education. Indspire, an Indigenous-led registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people, also offer bursaries and scholarships. For a complete listing of scholarships and bursaries, please contact the Indigenous Student Advisor or visit Money Matters.
2018-2019 DSU Health & Dental Plan Opt Out
The opt our period opens on August 8, 2018. The DEADLINE to opt out is SEPTEMBER 18, 2018@
11:59pm (ADT). No exceptions or extensions will be made.
The opt out can only be completed ONLINE at www.dalonline.dal.ca
If you are employed by the military, an aboriginal student or a student currently with the foster care program please follow the instructions on the back.
1. Visit www.dalonline.dal.ca
2. Log in with your NetlD and password
3. Select 'Web for Students'
4. Scroll to the bottom and select 'Opt Out'
5. Read the instructions - Check your age, this matters for parent's plans!
6. Enter Insurance Company Name, Policy Holders Name, Group Policy Number
Follow the instructions, however you must put in Your Band Name for Insurance Company Name, Your Name for Policy Holder and Your Band Number for the Policy Number.
7. If we have successfully received your opt out application you will receive an e-mail to your MyDal. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, your opt out has NOT been completed and you must try again or contact the office for assistance.
8. You will then receive another e-mail notifying you of an approval or decline of your opt out application within 48 business hours.
Please visit www.studentvip.ca/dsu for a list of plan benefits and more information.
Should you require assistance, please contact the Health Plan Office at 902-893-4904 or email@example.com.
BEFORE YOU OPT OUT
If you are enrolled under your parents plan, your age matters. Please check the age of termination before you opt out as we regularly see students who lose coverage through their parents half way through the year.
Plans can be combined. You can use our benefits with your existing plan for maximum coverage. We offer great travel coverage-included with your benefits.