The HRES Education Advisor is a specialist resource with expertise in respect and inclusion mandated to oversee the coordination and delivery of events and initiatives related to educational programming for all areas of work covered by the Office for Equity & Inclusion. The Education Advisor serves a lead role in training and program development and works closely with Human Rights and Equity Services, Center for Learning and Teaching, Human Resources, and other internal and external stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee the coordination of comprehensive education and outreach initiatives including campaigns, events, and educational tools for students, staff, and faculty;
- Coordinate and promote a variety of university wide events such as: 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence, African Heritage Month, Pride, etc;
- Support the administration and educational implementation of policies within the jurisdiction of HRES;
- Provide educational and remedial resolutions, supports, and planning for members of the university community;
- Support in promotion and development of the office’s profile.
Content Developer/Research Assistants
Morris Odeh and Lida Abdulrahman
The Content Developer/Research Assistant team is comprised of graduate students, who are former Peer Educators with Human Rights & Equity Services. They bring with them a wealth of knowledge and experience regarding educational approaches in the discipline of EDIA. They work independently on special projects under the mandate of the Office for Equity & Inclusion, including, but not limited to, supporting university-wide EDIA committees, resource & content creation, and literature reviews.
The Peer Educators are a team of vibrant students that promote a culture of respect and a healthy university experience! The team undergoes in-house EDIA training and are supervised by the Education Advisor. Our diverse team includes students who represent various academic programs and cultural backgrounds.
The Role of the Peer Educators
- Host tabling session and social media campaigns to promote the services and programs;
- Aid in developing new approaches and strategies to educate the university community;
- Engage and encourage students in building a safe and respectful campus community for all;
- Participate in the development of HRES' education materials;
- Attend awareness-raising activities.