Information and Support during COVID-19
At this time, HRES has transitioned fully to virtual services (email, telephone, and Microsoft Teams meetings) instead of in-person meetings or appointments. Please call (902) 494-6672 or email us at HRES@dal.ca to schedule services remotely.
For more information and updates visit dal.ca/coronavirus.
Human Rights & Equity Services
Human Rights & Equity Services (HRES) provides trauma informed, survivor centered confidential advisory service to members of the Dalhousie community seeking advice & support related to:
- Human Rights
- Sexualized Violence
- Equity & Inclusion
- Accommodation & Accessibility
HRES Services Include:
- Confidential Reporting
- Informal & Formal Complaint Options
- Personal Support & Referrals
- Conflict Resolution Process Facilitation
- Education and Outreach
- Facilitation of Workshops
Mission and Strategic Priorities
The collective talents of students, faculty and staff at Dalhousie are maximized in communities and environments that are welcoming and inclusive, where our differences provide dynamism and vibrancy to and enrich the life and work of the university, and where everyone feels a sense of belonging and is empowered to both fully contribute and achieve their best.
Strategic Areas of Focus:
1. Leading institutional change to foster a culture of respect, inclusivity and community safety;
2. Building connections and capacity of individuals and the institution to advance institutional diversity, inclusivity and equity goals and effect accountability measures;
3. Managing cases in relation to the Dalhousie University Statement of Prohibited Discrimination, the Personal Harassment Policy, Sexual Violence Policy and the Employee Accommodation Policy;
4. Ensuring operational effectiveness and the ability of HRES to fulfill its mission.