Top 10 reasons to study Law at Dal:
- Your Juris Doctor (JD) degree from Dal will be recognized for bar admission in all provinces across Canada.
- Receive academic credit and get practical legal experience through Dalhousie’s Legal Aid Service, one of the oldest clinical internships in Canada.
- You can complete the law program as a full-time student in three years, or request to complete it over seven years as a part-time student.
- Dalhousie’s Schulich School of Law welcomes students from every province and territory, fostering diverse perspectives both inside and outside the classroom.
- Choose from specializations in business law, technology law, privacy law, criminal law, health law and policy, and marine and environmental law.
- Participate in the Judge's Clerkship Program in cooperation with the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia, and spend a week with a Supreme Court Justice in chambers.
- The Schulich School of Law has three special institutes: the Law and Technology Institute, the Health Law Institute, and the Marine and Environmental Law Institute.
- Find a job placement or articling position with support from the Schulich School of Law's in-house Career Development Office. Our grads have an excellent placement rate.
- Be assigned to a real judge, crown counsel, or defence lawyer in the Criminal Law Clinic, and observe and participate in criminal law practice.
- Travel to a participating university in Canada, the US, Singapore, Europe or Australia on a one-semester student exchange.