"A university should be a model of intellectual honesty. Failure to meet the university’s standards in this regard can result in an academic offence. Violations of intellectual honesty are offensive to the entire academic community, not just to the individual faculty member and students in whose class an offence occurs." from Dalhousie's Policy on Intellectual Honesty [PDF - 122 kB]
- Download the Policy on Intellectual Honesty [PDF - 122 kB], Dalhousie's main academic integrity policy for students, which includes definitions of types of academic offences and penalties.
- Download the Faculty Discipline Procedures [PDF - 39 kB] to learn about the current discipline procedure at the Faculty level. Or download the flow chart [PDF - 123 kB], which summarizes the process at a glance.
- See the Senate Discipline Committee for terms of reference, including Guidelines for Academic Evaluators Regarding Violations of Academic Regulations by Students [PDF - 75 kB].
- Read the Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Plagiarism [PDF - 1.2 MB].
- Learn more about Dalhousie's academic discipline process and penalties.