"A university should be a model of Intellectual Honesty. As such Dalhousie University shares in the academic values of honesty, trust, respect, fairness, and responsibility (International Center for Academic Integrity, of which Dalhousie University is a member). Failure to meet the University's standards with respect to these values can result in an academic offence".
Violations of intellectual honesty are offensive to the entire academic community.
- Statement on Intellectual Honesty, Dalhousie's main academic integrity policy for students, which includes definitions of types of academic offences and penalties.
- Download the Faculty Discipline Procedures [PDF - 39 kB] to learn about the current discipline procedure at the Faculty level. Or download the flow chart [PDF - 123 kB], which summarizes the process at a glance.
- See the Senate Discipline Committee for terms of reference, including Guidelines for Academic Evaluators Regarding Violations of Academic Regulations by Students [PDF - 75 kB].
- Read the Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Plagiarism [PDF - 1.2 MB].
- Learn more about Dalhousie's academic discipline process and penalties.