Here are a few things to keep in mind as you prepare your application. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Applications are accepted at any time of the year. Online applications are preferred. Paper applications should be sent directly to the INWK Program Administrative Office as indicated on our “Contact us” page.
- However, we would appreciate receiving your full application, complete with all supporting documentation, by June for North American applicants, and by April 1 for applicants requiring a student visa to study in Canada. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as the program has limited space and reaches its maximum admission offers six to seven months prior to an intake start date.
- There is a program intake each September term and each January term. An April intake may be offered if the number of qualified applicants warrants it.
- If you are accepted, a seat is reserved for you upon receipt of your admission deposit.
- If there is not a seat but you are qualified, you may be placed on a waiting list.
- If a seat is not available or does not become available while you are on the waiting list, you may defer your application to the next intake and your application will be given priority.
- All applicants are updated on their status via e-mail.
- An official academic transcript for each post-secondary instituion attended, sent directly from the post-secondary institutions you have attended, to the INWK Program Administrative Office (not required for Dalhousie University or TUNS graduates).
- All acceptances to this program are provisional and subject to verification of transcripts.
- Evidence of programming knowledge; preferably Python.
- Evidence of probability and statistics knowledge.
- Two recommendations/references; one which must be academic, the second reference can be either academic or from a recent employer who supervised your work. References must be sent in sealed envelopes, directly to the attention of the INWK Program Administrative Office, by the referees. We require applicants to provide referee contact information: mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address if available. All acceptances to this program are provisional and subject to verification of references. (The online application has an option for e-references and applicants are encouraged to use this option during the application submission process; only professional university email addresses will be accepted for the e-reference options).
- A detailed statement (resume/cv) of your Internetworking and/or relevant industrial experience (this is particularly important if your GPA < 3.0).
- A statement of purpose outlining your interest in the program and your future career goals.
- The current application fee of $115 is required of all applicants for graduate study.
- Applicants may be required to provide proof of funding or scholarship support. International students on a government scholarship may be required to have proof of a secondary guarantor.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must satisfy the English language proficiency requirements as outlined in the University calendar (section 2.4). If English is not one of the official languages of the country where the degree was sought you must satify the English language proficiency requirement.
- All supporting documents are required before an application is assessed.
- It is preferred applicants apply online, however, all other original documents must still be mailed to the Internetworking Program.
- Once you have been informed that you are accepted into the program, a $2,500 admission deposit fee must be paid to hold the seat. The deposit is usually due 4 weeks after a positive application review and admission decision; you will be advised well in advance of the deposit due date.
- The admission deposit is non-refundable, the only two exceptions are 1) your admission is not supported by the Faculty of Graduate Studies; or 2) you are refused a study visa. If refused a study visa you must notify the INWK Program Administrative Office immediately and you will be required to provide a copy of your study visa refusal letter.
- Once you have paid your admission deposit, the seat will be held until the INWK Program Administrative Office receives confirmation of your travel plans. If such confirmation is not received three weeks prior to the start of the first class, the admission offer and deposit fee may be deferred to the INWK Program's next intake.
- The INWK Program does not permit students to join their program of study late.
- Please feel free to send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any assistance.
- International applicants may wish also to visit the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration website.