Students entering this program must hold a four-year Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study. Applicants with degrees in the following areas may be considered for admission:
- communications engineering
- computer engineering
- electrical engineering
- computer science
- physical sciences
- other related engineering disciplines.
A minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) equivalent to at least a 3.0 is normally required. Admission space is limited and therefore, meeting the minimum academic requirement does not guarantee admission. Admission is competitive and an admission decision is based on a complete application and all supporting application documents.
Related work experience in the Internetworking industry may be an asset.
Prior to entry to the program, all prospective students must provide evidence of
- English language competency (in general, this only applies to students whose medium of instruction in undergraduate studies was not English; if your competency is slightly below our requirement, you may consider attending an ESL program at our College of Continuing Education.)
- programming languages are required
- data structures are a definite assest.
Students are required to have a laptop meeting or exceeding the following system specifications:
|Processor||A 64-bit processor from Intel or AMD equivalent such as an i3, i5, i7, or Xeon (the processor must support EM64T and VT)|
|RAM||8GB or better|
|Operating System||Microsoft windows 10, MAC OS X 10.9 or later, Linux (preferred)|
|Graphics (optional)||Nvidia 8600M or better or AMD Radeon equivalent|