How much will my MHA cost?
Most full-time MHA students complete the program in two years. Full-time students typically register for 5 half-credit courses (3 credit hours per course for a total of 15 credit hours per term) in the fall and winter terms of each year. Part-time students complete the program requirements within 6 years.
Tuition is calculated on a per-course basis [PDF - 108 KB]; each half course is assessed at three billing hours (3 credit hours). In 2017-18, a full-time MHA student (Canadian citizen/permanent resident) taking 5 courses per term paid $10,133.30 in tuition and fees for one year of study. No fee is attached to the residency.
Many MHA residents are paid between $2,000 and $2,500 per four-week pay period by their residency organization, but this is individually negotiated by the student with their preceptor and is not a requirement of the residency program.
The average cost of books and electronic resources for the program 2017-18 was approximately $1,200. Visit Money Matters for more information.
Find out about funding sources for graduate students. There may be some additional funding opportunities for MHA thesis students.
Entrance awards & scholarships
No application required. Incoming full-time students with a GPA of 3.7 or higher who have submitted a complete MHA application by April 1 are automatically considered.
- Faculty of Graduate Studies Scholarship: awarded on the basis of academic merit
Conference travel award
Applications are required for support for conference travel (may not be available every year).
- CCHL National Conference Travel Award
No application required. Determined by MHA Awards & Scholarships Committee.
- CCHL: Bluenose Chapter Award
- Robert Wood Johnson Award
- Nestman Prize for Accounting Excellence
- Dr. Peter Ruderman Award
- Dr. Alan D. Thompson Award
- Dr. Thomas A. Rathwell Award
Application required (monetary award)
- Northwood’s Edward L. Roach Award for Continuing Care (The School sends information about this award via email.)
Find out more about the awards
- See the MHA Student Handbook [PDF - 1.3 MB] for more information on all of the awards listed above.