Our Admission Process
Our Admissions Criteria
- A 4-year bachelor's degree (honours or equivalent) with a minimum B+ average (3.3 GPA). A background in health care and/or a clinical setting is not required. International transcripts will be converted to the Dalhousie equivalent to determine eligibility.
- A GMAT score of at least 550. If you are unable to access the GMAT, you may use the GRE as an alternative. For JD/MHA applicants only, the LSAT will be accepted in lieu of the GMAT.
- Evidence of English Language proficiency (international students only). If English is not your first language you will need to demonstrate your ability to complete graduate-level study in English. There are some exemptions to this condition: the Faculty of Graduate Studies provides detailed information (link to language proficiency: opens in new tab).
Our Admissions Process
Our Admissions Deadlines
Please note that the following dates are final deadlines: early application is strongly encouraged.
Applications are accepted for the fall term only; there is no winter or spring admission for the program.
- International Students: your application will need to be complete by April 1st
- Students seeking funding: to be considered for scholarships, etc, your application will need to be complete by April 1st
- Final deadline for Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents: your application will need to be complete by June 1st
Your Application Package
Your application package for the MHA must include:
- the application form (completed through the online)
- original transcripts of all previous academic work (1 copy, sent by the institution to Admissions.Documents@dal.ca)
- at least 2 academic letters of reference
- resume/curriculum vitae
- a statement of career interests noting reasons for applying to the MHA program
- GMAT (minimum score 550) or equivalent as noted above.
- for international students: proof of English language proficiency, as per Faculty of Graduate Studies guidance (link to language proficiency information: opens in new tab).
Please note: English Proficiency Test scores do not replace the GMAT requirement.
To start the process, and find further information, visit the Faculty of Graduate Studies application site: Link to Faculty of Graduate Studies (opens in new tab).