Dal Alert!

Receive alerts from Dalhousie by text message.

X

Dawson Geology Club

 The Dawson Geology Club was named after Sir William Dawson , who as a young man assisted one of the fathers of Geology, Sir Charles Lyell, during his field investigations in Nova Scotia in 1842. William Dawson, who was described in 1843 as "a very excellent geologist" by Mr. Logan (of famous Mount Logan), became Principal of McGill University in 1855, and his son, George Dawson, became Director of the Geological Survey of Canada.

Dawson Geology Club E-Mail

Dawson Geology Club History