Sustainable Transportation Planning
The Office of Sustainability has a Transportation Demand Management Plan, releases an Annual University Commuter Survey, conducts studies, and supports the development of new and existing programs. Dalhousie University’s Active Transportation Design Guidelines have been developed to meet municipal bylaw requirements and active transportation precedents.
Benefits of walking, cycling and transit
There are numerous benefits from active transportation:
- Health –provides an opportunity to be physically active on a regular basis;
- Social –is accessible to Canadians and increases social interactions;
- Transportation –reduces road congestion;
- Environmental –can contribute to reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution;
- Economic –saves money on gas and parking.
Check out Dalhousie's SmartTrip for sustainable transportation options.