Top 7 reasons to study Recreation at Dal:
- We're recognized. We are one of the only programs in Canada that prepares you to become a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC).
- We're close knit. Our small class sizes mean you’ll get to know your classmates and teachers.
- You'll learn from the best. Our professors are renowned in their fields and incredibly accessible.
- You'll find a fulfilling career. The breadth of knowledge you'll acquire will open up numerous career options after graduation.
- You'll do hands-on work. The 16-week internship in your final year will provide you with valuable work experience.
- We work together. You’ll expand your opportunities through interprofessional learning with other programs.
- We prepare you. Students are well-prepared for entry to Recreational Therapy professional practice. In 2017, the students of the TR program had a pass rate of 96% and since 2005, students have exceeded the national average as well as CARTE accreditation pass rate requirements on the NCTRC exam.