Top 8 reasons to study Ocean Sciences at Dalhousie:
- Comprehensive: We are the only oceanography department in Canada to include all primary areas: physical, biological, chemical and geological.
- Ocean excellence: Most of our faculty have held prestigious appointments nationally and internationally.
- Community: Undergrads benefit from access to a close-knit department focused on research and graduate studies.
- Careers: Our combined honours degree prepares you for further research at the best oceanography and marine science graduate schools.
- International: The oceans span the globe—our research and international collaborations do as well.
- Interdisciplinary: Work on world-class projects with scientists across many fields.
- Halifax, Nova Scotia: We study metres away from the Atlantic Ocean in one of Canada's most dynamic cities.
- Big picture: Oceanography makes you think further afield, looking at how multiple sciences come into play when studying the ocean.