Recent theses published by our graduates
- Mass Romantics: Grappling with Genre in 2000s Indie Rock. Ryan McNutt, 2015.
- Neo-orientalism in the Operas of Tan Dun. Nan Zhang, 2015.
- “I Hate My Generation”: Canadian Male Identity in Sloan's twice Removed. Corey Henderson, 2014.
- Theodor Adorno’s Theory of Listener Regression. Frank Van Wie Penick, 2014.
- Sonic Awareness, Alienation, and Liberation Through Soundscape Rhythmanalysis. Jason Eastwood, 2013.
- “A Girl Called Dusty With the Sound of Motown:” Dusty Springfield, Mimesis, and the Genealogy of a Persona. Carolyn Brunelle, 2013.
- He's Got Great Feel, but What Do You Mean? Discovering the Nature of Groove Through Drumming of Mitch Mitchell. Alex Cook, 2013.
- "The Hardest Button to Button" - A Critical Analysis of Jack White and the White Stripes. Garrett Thorson, 2013.
- The String Music of Iancu Dumitrescu: Reflections on Musical Phenomenology. Ryan Kirk, 2012.
- Bad Reputation: Joan Jett and Questions of Canon. Jessica Brown, 2011.