Support from HAHP

Earning while you learn

As a graduate student in the School of Health and Human Performance, you could be eligible to apply for a teaching assistantship (TA) or a research assistantship (RA) position.

Teaching assistantships

As a teaching assistant, you'll assist one of our faculty members in delivering course content to an undergraduate class. You may be required to attend lectures for this course and perhaps lead tutorials on your own. Your duties may also include

  • preparation of teaching material
  • in-class duties (tutorials, lectures, etc)
  • marking
  • invigilation
  • office duties
  • and communication with students and supervisor

Research assistantships

As a research assistant, you'll work closely with a faculty member, helping him or her with a current research project. Depending on the type of research the supervising faculty is engaged in, you could help by

  • conducting library or Internet research (providing annotated bibliographies)
  • gathering data
  • conducting surveys
  • preparing presentations
  • other duties