Preparing you for your career
Dalhousie University and the School of Health and Human Performance offer a number of opportunities and services to make your journey to a career all the easier.
The Centre for Learning and Teaching
The Center for Learning and Teaching (CLT) at Dalhousie University invites doctoral students to enroll in the Certificate in University Teaching and Learning (CUTL).
The certificate provides a flexible framework for integrating and recognizing a comprehensive range of teaching development programing:
- Basic teaching workshops.
- An annual series of professional development opportunities.
- A course in university teaching and learning (CNLT 5000 - Learning and Teaching in Higher Education).
- Opportunities to reflect on and synthesize learning about teaching.
- Formal recognition of efforts to develop teaching.
The CLT also offers a range of professional development opportunities in which doctoral and graduate students may participate without being enrolled in the full certificate. Participants in the full certificate program will benefit from an opportunity to reflect on and synthesize their learning about teaching in a systematic framework — and from having their efforts to develop their teaching formally recognized.
Find out more about the servcies available at the Centre for Learning and Teaching and DalGradPD